Monday, November 9, 2009

I can see clearly now the clouds are gone

Cloudy skies, right? After all I'm still in Oregon. Turns out my bike had been assembled incorrectly back in LA and I've been biking harder than I've had to. Arghhhhh.
30 dollars later, I'm on my way, sin P & J. They had to hold back and wait for their wheels to be replaced. But, I'm off to California... or am I. THERE'S NO WELCOME SIGN. The wonderful produce officers and a "Truck drivers register with CA blah blah blah" sign bid me welcome to my homeland because some dick knocked down the california welcome sign 4 months ago. FOUR MONTHS!
I look north... and I see a set of tumultuous clouds! And south.... ooooh yeah bright skies. BAM California. Soon I come to Crescent City, the first city along the coast, and take a detour that's well worth it along Pebble Beach Blvd. Absolutely stunning. I couldn't keep my eyes off it, and instead stayed around watching the sunset and found my home at an RV Park. 6 nights of camping in Oregon in beautiful campsites cost $24 and one night of a P.O.S. RV campsite made me drop $19. I devoured 4 McDoubles, because, you know, I can eat as unhealthy as I want because I need Calories or it's unhealthy. Ziiing.
While munching, I saw a bike light across a river from me and biked to the front of the digs and I met Basti, a fellow tourer who was about to turn around and camp illegally because no one should be charged $19 for a piece of grass like this. I lie to the lady at the desk and say he's with me and now I have some company! I convince Basti that McDoubles are god's gift to bicyclists, and he stuffs himself too. Turns out this German dude started 5 months ago in Alaska on a personal journey. He was loaded with at least 110 pounds of weight compared to my 50 pounds, PLUS he was running on mountain bike tires. That's insane. He also decided to bring a SLR Olympus camera, a 6 pound bad boy I'd never want on a journey like this.

I'm in motherfracking California!

No comments:

Post a Comment