Sunday, October 25, 2009

Circles

October 19
36 miles (kinda)
It's wierd that no matter how early you wake up it's really hard to get out before 10. I awoke before it was light out and had to do my whole ritual, including charging my phone while creepily sitting outside the bathroom.
I haul ass 20 miles to north bay, where moe's bike shop is apparently closed monday. Balls. Then another spoke breaks. It turns out the other bike shop has gone out of business, as i find by biking around like a lemming for a while, looking for it. I replace the spoke but am an idiot and make the wheel more untrue while trying to imitate herb. Sigh. But luck has it, eventually Jacob and holly come along, and holly trues the bike ( she's also a mechanic. Jeez I feel so novice) but says I should get the shop to look at it. Seeing as how the next shop is basically in California 100 miles away, I decide to take the hit and stick around north bend. 
On a while goose chase ( eff you google maps ) I eventually find out all the rv parks that are supposed to allow camPing actually don't, and after biking around for 16 miles, decide to just stay at a motel. Bye bye $50
I'm done looking around so I grab the first place I can, where I'm not even allowed to bring my bike in the room but instead have to leave it in the owners workshop. /facepalm

No comments:

Post a Comment