Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is why roadrunner is the good guy

October 10th
62 miles
roadkill count: caterpillars - I stopped counting at 50

Fuck coyotes. I didn't sleep a wink. The entire night involved screaming coyotes as close as 10 meters away. I tied tent spikes around my bike pump to make a spear and basically spent the night ready to scewer any coyote brave enough to get close enough to me. At 6:30 I said screw this and left.
So I biked in the 40 degree weather till I got to toledo(pop650) where there was a sign for a pancake breakfast at a senior center. PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!! I was served endless pancakes, eggs and sausage by the nicest grandmas in the world and at with a bunch of grandmas and grandpas and talked about dogs and dentures and stuff. Amazing!
I also ran into two others in Toledo, one guy who had been an avid biker till he got old, and he was raving about the sit downish bike things, of which I know nothing about. He learned me good about them. Another dude, frank, was super excited about my trip and of California. You rock frank. Farm farm farm, and then I ran into interstate 5, which ran alongside (James) Bond road. I got carried away trying to conquer the rolling hill and ended up 15 miles past my turnoff, which put me massively behind so I hauled asss along the columbia river until i got to cathlamet on the Oregon border before dark. 

I've been getting honks from people going the other direction, which I assume is from a party who has also endeavored intouring. YAy I'm part of the club!

Oh and i'm getting a killer biker shorts tan. Sweeeeet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment