Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tillamook rules

October 13
30 miles
Well, i wanted to take a rest day but the crowd decides otherwise, so we head out into a 20 mile headwind. In Oregon, winds are supposed to come from the north, but the storm thinks otherwise and we struggle through the day. Here we are biking along and OMG there's tillamook jerky factory and outlet to my left. The 2 guys are too far ahead to hear my cries, so I keep going and we come to the tillamook cheese factory where you can get free cheese! Zing! I go through the cheese line 3 times. Right outside we run into 3 other pairs of tourers. Seems like cheese is popular. But who cares about cheese. I want jerky! I split from pat and justin to meet later, because For the first time in my journey, I backtrack 4 miles ( adding 8 miles) and grab a metric shit ton of jerky (they didn't have slabs, which was saddening)
10 miles away is our meeting campground, a beautiful beachside park. The sunset is wonderfull, albeit dwarfed by the huge clouds. Dinner was braised short ribs and corn grilled over a fire. Holy crap can these guys cook. Smores fish the meal and omg am I happy not to have my beard anymore. Smores are sooooo much easier without it. I fall asleep to the sound of waves...

No comments:

Post a Comment