Sunday, October 25, 2009

The hills aren't alive... But are a pain in the ass

October 15
65 miles
We leave our cozy abode separately, with me leaving first, but I'm quickly overtaken. Ive learned a bit about momentum and how when I go 30 miles in 90 minutes, i don't stop. However, I ran into j & p and ate lunch and it was downhill from there. After breaks my muscles go in lockdown. Then came the hills. The rest of the day consisted of some evil hills and I even threw up going up one hill trying to reach the goal campsite. When I get to the last summit, I Lacked the energy to even view the lookout. I rolled into the camp to the fanfare and cheering of Justin and Patrick and collapsed on the ground. Exhaustion... 10 minutes after dinner the raccoons were already After the food. Ravenous creatures... Smores and a windless, quiet night. Aside for the raccoons fighting each ofer over who was going to jump for our food and miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment